About the CA-20 OWCP Form
Form CA-20 is the Attending Physician’s Report, which is required by the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (OWCP) before payment of compensation for loss of wages or permanent disability can be made to a federal employee. The form is completed by the federal employee’s treating physician and provides information about the employee’s injury, treatment, and prognosis.
The form includes the following sections:
- Personal Information: This section includes the employee’s name, address, Social Security number, and date of injury.
- Occupational History: This section includes the employee’s job title, duties, and the date and time of the injury.
- Description of Injury: This section describes the employee’s injury, including the location, severity, and symptoms.
- Treatment Received: This section lists the medical treatment that the employee has received, including the dates of treatment, the providers of treatment, and the procedures performed.
- Prognosis: This section provides the physician’s opinion on the employee’s prognosis, including the likelihood of recovery, the length of time it will take to recover, and the impact of the injury on the employee’s ability to work.
The Attending Physician’s Report is an important document in the federal workers’ compensation process. It provides OWCP with the information they need to determine whether the employee is eligible for compensation and how much compensation they should receive. The form should be completed carefully and accurately by the employee’s treating physician.
If you are a federal employee who has been injured in the workplace, you should contact your employer’s workers’ compensation office to request Form CA-20. The form can also be downloaded from the OWCP website. Once the form is completed, you should return it to your employer’s workers’ compensation office.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- OWCP Form CA-20: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/owcp/regs/compliance/ca-20.pdf
- OWCP Website: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/owcp/
- ECOMP: https://www.ecomp.dol.gov/